About Holly Antiques
Holly Antiques has been a staple of Downtown Historical Holly for over 20 years. The retail shop is known for it’s large collection of rare and hard to find antique items. Vendors and items are constantly changing making Holly Antiques a must stop location any time you are in town.
Owners Robbin Yelverton and Jerome Raska purchased the shop in 2016 from the previous owner, Barbara McKay. They also own two flower shops in Detroit and Ferndale Michigan as well as one right next door to Holly Antiques!
Stop by and see what kind of treasures you can find. There is something special about stepping back in time and remembering the good old days at Holly Antiques!
What is an antique?
You might think that is a simple question to answer, but it isn't. There are lots of different ways to define an antique. According to Merriam Webster, an antique is "a relic or object of ancient times" or "a work of art, piece of furniture, or decorative object made at an earlier period and according to various customs laws at least 100 years ago." But others define an antique as anything that is older than 25 years. Some people use the term vintage and some people use the term "retro". Here are at Holly Antiques we define an antique as items at least 100 years old and vintage as items dated prior to 1975 that are of significant "collect-ability”. If you have something you want to sell, bring it in and we will let you know if it qualifies to be on our floor!
*All merchandise shown in photos subject to prior sale
Meet the Owners
Robbin Yelverton is co-owner of Holly Antiques. He has more than 30 years in the retail business and is an award winning floral designer and educator. His awards and memberships include:
- Chairperson of the Ferndale Beautification Committee
- Award winning Designer of the Year for Mississippi and Michigan Floral Associations and the National Alliance of Floral Associations
- Award Winning Ornamental Horticulture Instructor with 10 years classroom experience
- Former National Board Member of the American Institute of Floral Designers
- Current Member of the Board of Trustees of the Professional Floral Communicators International
- Guest Blogger for the Society of American Florists, About Flowers blog
- Guest author of articles for Michigan Floral Associations’ Award-winning Floral Management magazine
- Graduate degree in Ornamental Horticulture
- 2016 Certified Florist of the Year, Michigan Floral Association
- 2016 Retail Florist of the Year
Jerome Raska is co-owner of Holly Antiques. He has more than 30 years in the retail business. He is an award winning designer and educator. His list of achievements and memberships includes:
- Product Development and Consulting for Syndicate Sales Incorporated
- Teleflora Education Specialist
- President of the Michigan Floral Association
- Board Member of the Michigan Chapter of the International Live Events Association
- Ferndale Chamber Board of Directors
- Board of Directors for the Ferndale Downtown Development Authority
- M.A.C. (Michigan Aids Coalition) – Past Member of the Board of Directors
- Ferndale Rotary Club (currently on board of directors)
- 2016 Event Planner of the Year
- 2016 Mayesh Design Star
- 2016 Retail Florist of The Year